Machinists- CNC and Manual Machines
Midway GA US 31320
Job Type :
Career Level :
High School or equivalent
Building Construction/Skilled Trades
Job Description :
Skilled Machinists - CNC and Manual Machines
Firth Rixson Forgings is revolutionizing our industry by building a new state-of-the-art jet engine disk forging facility in Midway, GA (20 miles South of Savannah). In support of our vision, we are hiring additional talented Machinists who are highly skilled in operating both manual machines ranging from Mazak’s newest generation of vertical and horizontal turning centers (Models 450 & 900) on the market to various manual mills.
In these key positions, you will be expected to operate various manual and CNC machine tools needed to produce a wide array of sonic turbine disks that meets or exceeds our customer’s specifications. Candidates must have an extensive background in chip cutting principles (tooling selection and disks/control, feeds and speeds, use of inspection gauges, etc.) necessary to efficiently and safely machine our disks into prescribed tolerances/dimensions. The ideal candidate should possess the following key attributes: meticulous, dependable, flexible, procedurally based mindset, ability to multitask and a commitment to excellence.
Job Requirements :
· High School Diploma/GED - Associate’s Degree in Machine Tool Technology Preferred
· Minimum of 3 Years of Experience Setting Up and Operating 2 Axis CNC Lathes (VTL & Horizontal) and Saws
· Plus 2 Years of Experience Setting Up and Operating Manual Machines Including Lathes, Mills, Saws Drills, etc.
· Strong Knowledge Related to Tooling, Feeds and Speeds, GD&T Involving Titanium and Nickel Alloys
· Extensive Knowledge in the Use of Various Measuring Devices (Micrometers, Calipers, CMM, etc.)
· US Citizen
Firth Rixson Forgings provides a very attractive compensation (including bonus) and benefit package that includes: medical, dental, vision, paid time off, matching 401k program, etc.
We are Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V
Offer Relocation :
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)