Maintenance Mechanics – Mechanical Techs
Firth Rixson Forgings is revolutionizing our industry with a new state-of-the-art jet engine disk forging facility in Midway, GA (20 miles South of Savannah). In support of our vision, we will be hiring more multidimensional Maintenance Mechanics highly skilled in one or more of the following: hydraulics/pipefitting and/or millwright work.
In these key positions, you will be expected to troubleshoot, repair and perform preventive maintenance on a wide range of sophisticated equipment to insure it is performing and maintained at its optimal level. The successful candidates must have an extensive background in industrial equipment repair using expertise in all disciplines of maintenance. The ideal candidate should possess the following key attributes: self-confident, meticulous, ability to multitask, operate in a self-directed fashion with a commitment to excellence.
· Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunctions and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
· Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
· Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
· Plans, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
· Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
· Complete preventative maintenance, corrective repair and breakdown repair tasks ranging from the basic to complex, including hydraulic and electrical troubleshooting, replacing components, evaluating repairs and damage, rebuilding and remounting equipment, performing diagnostics and structural repairs on critical components.
· Collaborates with supervision and management to develop, implement and refine preventative maintenance programs for all equipment.
· Perform all tasks consistent with our company standards and safe practices and procedures.
· Continue to enhance skills and knowledge base to effectively service and repair new machinery and implement new service and repair techniques.
· Make recommendations for cost effective repairs and operating cost reductions.
· Communicate with internal customers, vendor service providers, fellow associates, supervisors and management.
· Maintain accurate records of all service and repair work via the company’s record procedures.
· High School Diploma/GED - Associate’s Degree in Industrial Maintenance Preferred
· Minimum of 5 Years of Heavy Industrial Maintenance Experience of Plant Equipment with the Ability to Work Safely
· Demonstrated Proficiencies in Electronics/Electrical, Instrumentation, Hydraulics/Pipefitting and/or Millwright Work
· Strong Troubleshooting Skills using Various Pieces of Diagnostic Equipment
Perform Preventative Maintenance of all process equipment throughout the facility
· E&I Techs - Knowledge of C++ or C# Preferred
· Must be Flexible Related to Working Shifts that will Cover 24/7 Operation
· Previous Military Experience a plus
· US Citizen
Firth Rixson Forgings provides a very attractive compensation (including bonus) and benefit package that includes: medical, dental, vision, paid time off, matching 401k program, etc.
We are Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V