Under direct supervision, processes and researches invoices, returns, and credits. Maintains payment records and analyzes collections. Updates and summarizes receivables.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: This is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
· Compiles and maintains accounts receivable records, records payments to customers’ accounts.
· Compiles and sorts documents; verifies and posts details of business transactions; computes and records claims and similar items.
· Prepares daily cash deposits and fills out cash control sheet daily and prepares invoice deduction notices, as necessary.
· Prepares analysis of accounts, as required; reconciles charge back discrepancies and codes data for input into financial data processing systems according to Company procedures.
· Enters finalized cash receipts and updates accounts receivable ledger by customer.
· Researches and processes customer claims of invoice payment, charge backs, returns, and bad checks; calls, obtains and/or mails correspondence and invoice copies to customers, as necessary, in order to update accounts.
· Develops and maintains working relationships with all customer accounts in order to manage Accounts Receivable, including invoices and claims.
· Researches and investigates validity of all claims as taken against assigned Accounts Receivable.
· Follows-up with customers regarding denial of full or short payments.
· Performs collection calls in order to maintain current Accounts Receivable for all accounts.
· Maintains credit files for all Accounts Receivable.
· Ensures compliance with all state, federal and local laws, Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
· Assists with collection of aged account activity; obtains necessary supporting documents and forwards copies to customers as required.
· Data entry of accounts receivables credit/debit memos to include system upload applications.
· Compile, sort, and distribute credit memos, debit memos and indirect customer payments.
· Performs related duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma equivalent and four (4) years of accounts receivable experience, preferably in manufacturing environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted. Prefer Associates Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or in related field.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Familiar with ERP systems
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)